Saltair Water System Update
From Saltair Water Advisory Committee (SWAC)
Lynne Smith, chairperson, committee : Stan Piper, Jim Whittaker
contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
Saltair Water System 2018
Distribution Upgrades 2018 (ageing infrastructure)
- Chemainus Rd – Reed Rd PRV up to and including Southin Rd (Southin Rd will be optional work in 2018 depending on the budget) $665,000
- Old Victoria Rd – Jackman Rd to the end of the line at the North Cowichan boundary $258,364
The CVRD is looking at well water as an alternative to a filtration plant at Stocking Lake.
- $200,535 is allocated for this project
- Staged approach in searching for a sustainable groundwater source
- Test well drilling to start in April 2018
SWAC will be holding an information meeting similar to the one we had last year for Saltair residents. We have a lot of new information to share with you.
We are planning to have the meeting near the end of May.